Music Fans....Check me out!
Number of Hits
Google
Web www.google.com
www.yahoo.com www.gmail.com
HEC Bloggers: 2007 January Intake - our first dinner event & the organizer frustration

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

2007 January Intake - our first dinner event & the organizer frustration

Hi all,

This blog seems the right place to share my first (sad) experience as future HEC student!

The forum on the HEC Intranet allowed us to introduce ourselves to each other and show our eagerness to join the 2007 January intake. The idea of a dinner before January arises amongst our forum exchanges. I took the initiative to organize the first dinner for those who were present in the Paris area. I proposed the “La Rotonde de la Muette” restaurant. The date of Wednesday 22nd of November was accepted by 8 people (partners included).

As a mother of two children (4 and 7), I organized very carefully myself and my family for this first HEC event. In the first place, my husband could look after the children. Finally, he was very busy with his work. Fortunately, one of my friends agreed some days before the dinner to look after the children during the dinner.

But in the evening traffic jam of the 22nd of November, when driving to my home, she had a car accident. Fortunately for her, the accident produced only car injuries. But she was shocked and unable to drive or to do something else…

I had one hour to find another baby-sitter. I checked the schedule of all my known baby-sitters or friends in the area. Nobody was available to replace my unfortunate friend and look after the children. I passed the news too Gajendra who tried also to help me. Unfortunately, despite all efforts, there was no way to participate to our first dinner!

I hope that in this moment Gajendra, Pedro, Laurent, Simon, Christine and their partners are enjoying this first meeting and dinner of HEC 2007 January intake students. Simon is surely taking some photos which he will lately share with us. As promised, Gajendra is also going to organize another dinner, next week maybe. Meantime my children are sleeping; they need a good night rest to face the next school day.

With this story, I am asking myself if I would be able to manage my future MBA studies and my family… And I am answering back: of course yes! One difficulty with no solution doesn't mean difficulties without solution all the time. As for my current job, I have to find the right balance between my two lives: as a mother and a professional (and sooner as a student). And with the best organization of the world, the uncertainty could always happen... and I have to cope with it even if frustrated.

See you very soon my future classmates! And I am sure that during our student life together, I will have your comprehension and support for this kind of situation.

Kind regards. Jeanine

1 comment:

Gajender Sharma said...

I think Jeanine it was really unfortunate thatyou could not join the event. This makes us learn an important thing that we should be prepared for bad things to happen even though every things seem to be going alright. It also makes me think that anyone can face such a situation. You what is positive about the whole thing is that one process of exchange has begin and it will continue and so be proud of that. We are sure to meet again and discuss, share ...