Music Fans....Check me out!
Number of Hits
Google
Web www.google.com
www.yahoo.com www.gmail.com
HEC Bloggers: How to enjoy an week-end in France

Monday, February 26, 2007

How to enjoy an week-end in France

For the first time since the beginning of the MBA program, the chance smiled to me : a 3-days week-end to spend with my family!
Useless to say that it was absolutely great!

With the help of www.abritel.fr I found without dificulty a small cottage in Normandy. Some details which could help to get a more precise idea: 120 euros for 2 nights, 35m2 for 5 people, sheets and towels provided (very rare for a cottage rent). 200 km far from Paris, in 2 hours we arrived in Bonneville sur Touques. 8 km far from Deauville and 20 km from Honfleur, two very known cities on the French Atlantic border.
The time was rainy however enjoyable.

We walked a lot along the beaches, the wind was really strong and cold. Afterwards, we gave encouragement in one of the small local restaurants eating molds and fries, and tasting the original Cidre (nothing to do with the supermarket Cidre taste).
For the most courageous, a wide variety of seafood was available on the market. Unfortunately, I lacked the desire to taste this kind of horrific animals some of them still alive ... However, they are considered a real 'gourmandise'.

If too tired of the MBA, my piece of advice is : relax and enjoy a corner of France!

1 comment:

ElBarbudo said...

Hi Janina,

That's great that you enjoyed your time with your family. They and you need it. Sometimes, as mothers or fathers we are torn between our desire to stay with our family and at the same time stay with our classmates. In my case I chose to spend most of my time with my family during the core phase and I was able to spend more time with my MBA classmates during the personalized phase, as this part is more relax. The drawback of this choice is that I spent more time with the september intake than the january intake. But I have to regrets as I know what are the rocks or my life and I made a decision.

To conclude, keep the focus on the rocks of your life and make decision accordingly.

Take care,